Now is the time to bag a wedding way out of your financial league. Here are some of my top tips for recession wedding planning.
1. Don’t ass-u-me (couldn’t resist) a vendor is our of your price range, all is fair in a recession! There are some crazy bargains and deals going on these days…dont miss out because your scared to ask. What’s the worst that can happen?
2. Shop Around. This may seem obvious, but you would be surprised how many couples go with the first person they come across. You should get at least 3 price quotes from every area of the wedding plans. This not only ensures you get a good deal, but also gives you tools for bargaining.
3. Never choose a wedding vendor purely on price. Just because a supplier is cheap, doesn’t mean you are getting a good deal. Before you make any decisions you should see as much of their work and read as many testimonials as possible. The vendor who has the highest quality, the best service and the lowest price is the best value.
4. Be upfront when talking to vendors about how much you can afford. Tell them what your budget is and see if they will work within it, if they can’t…C’est la vie.
5. Be Not Afraid of Negotiation. Truth be told, most suppliers expect some negotiation, so make sure you are well versed in the art of asking for more. If you aren’t comfortable with it, play good cop bad cop, and ask your fiance or family member to do it. But be reasonable, part of negotiation is compramise, so be prapared to give.